PRESS RELEASE – March 18, 2019
On Wednesday, March 13, 2019, the Fluvanna County School Board adopted a school calendar for the 2019-20 school year. The school calendar was developed with input from parents and school staff.
The key elements of the 2019-20 calendar are:
- August 8, 2019 is the first day for students.
- First Semester ends prior to Winter Break.
- Spring Break is April 6 – 10, 2020.
- May 21, 2020 is the last day of school.
- Five early release days for staff to participate in professional development or other related activities.
A copy of the calendar is attached to this press release. The calendar is available on the school division’s website.