PRESS RELEASE – September 25, 2019
Destination Imagination, Inc. (DI) is a non-profit organization that provides educational programs for students to learn and experience creativity, teamwork and problem-solving. All registration forms must be completed by Friday, October 18.
- Teams may have up to seven members.
- Each team works over several months using creative problem solving to find solutions to challenges provided by DI.
- Teams meet from October – February (usually one day a week).
- Teams present the solution to their challenge at the Regional Tournament March 7, 2020
- Weekly meetings occur outside of the school day in a place of the team’s choice.
- All teams are coached by a volunteer team manager (usually a parent of a team member). All team managers will complete a volunteer application form with a criminal background check.
- Team managers are also required to participate in training on Saturday, November 9, 2019, from
9 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at Taylor Education Administration Complex. Orange , Virginia. (free of charge)
- All team family members are expected to support the teams in many ways.
- There are 2 levels of competition: Non-competitive Rising Stars (K-2) or Competitive (Grades K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12).
- Fluvanna is interested in forming teams at all grade levels.
- Space may be limited. If necessary, preference will be given to students whose parents are team managers. All other students will be selected by lottery.
- More teams may be formed if there is sufficient interest and team managers are available.
If you are interested in your child participating or you would like to serve as a team manager, please go to DI Registration Form.