Parents: Paul and Elizabeth Pellicane
Destination after High School: University of Virginia
Plan of Study: Pre Med/Political Science
Dual Enrollment/AP Credits: 34 with 5 pending
Activities and Achievements:
- Forensics- Two time State Champion, 3 time Team State Champion, 29 Individual Wins
- Blue Ridge Virtual Governor’s School
- Early College Scholars graduate
- AP Scholar
- Speech Club
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Soccer- Junior Varsity 1 year
- Political Action Club- President
- UVA Hospital Junior Volunteer- 3 years
- Virginia Emergency Medical Technician- 2 years
- Volunteer at The Point Church- 3 years
- Soccer Referee- 5 years
- Photography Assistant- 2 years
- Pharmacy Clerk, Scottsville Pharmacy- 1 year
Why did you choose the University of Virginia?
As I am planning to attend medical school after undergrad, I plan on spending much of my free time volunteering and shadowing at the UVA Hospital. UVA is a great school with a world-renowned hospital. I have already formed relationships with some of the staff at the hospital and will use those connections to further my knowledge of patient care.
What will you remember most about being a Fluco?
I will remember the school spirit at pep rallies, and how we all pull together as Flucos.
Who are some of the people that you would like to thank?
I would like to thank the staff of Fluvanna County Public Schools as they have shaped me into the person I am today.
What advice would you give to rising 8th Graders?
I would advise rising 8th graders to try to take a large variety of classes throughout high school I believe it is important to have a general idea of what you want to major in for college while in high school. Also, try to get involved in school clubs as early as possible.
What are your best memories of school?
My best memories of high school are attending pep rallies, celebrating at Five Guys with the Speech team after Speech tournaments, and guiding debates at Political Action Club meetings.
What is a Fluco?
A Fluco is someone motivated to make a difference in the world around them.