FCPS Meals/Food Services Questions
1. If my family chooses Option 1, the Hybrid Learning Plan, will breakfast and lunch be available for students on in-person days?
Yes. We will be offering Grab and Go meals for breakfast and both Grab and Go and Dine-In options for lunch.
2. If my family chooses Option 1, the Hybrid Learning Plan, will breakfast and lunch be available for pick up on days students are at-home learning?
Meal pick up will be available on Wednesdays at the Fluvanna High School from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. One breakfast meal and one lunch meal will be available for pick up for each day that your child participates in the virtual learning. A child on the Hybrid Learning Plan will receive 3 breakfast meals and 3 lunch meals.
3. If my family chooses Option 2, the Virtual Learning Plan, will breakfast and lunch be available for pick up during virtual learning?
Meal pick up will be available on Wednesdays at the Fluvanna High School from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. One breakfast meal and one lunch meal will be available for pick up for each day that your child has virtual learning. A child on the Virtual Learning Plan will receive 5 breakfast meals and 5 lunch meals.
4. Do I need to bring my child with me to pick up the meals?
Your child does not need to be present to receive the meals. You will need to list your child’s name and grade when you pick up the meals.
5. Is student meal delivery available?
Yes. Your child(ren) are eligible to receive home-delivered meals if you qualify for free or reduced-price meals. Your child(ren) does not have to be present at the time of delivery but there must be someone available to accept the delivery. Meals cannot be left outside if no one is home. A completed Consent for Home Meal Delivery form must be received by Food Services prior to the delivery of meals. Meals will be delivered on Wednesdays. Visit http://fluco.org/food-services-home/ or contact Food Services at (434) 589-4344 for more information.
6. What is the cost of school meals this year?
All meals served; Grab & Go in the cafeteria, Dine-In cafeteria or bagged meals for pick up are priced as follows:
|Reduced Breakfast PreK-12||$0.30|
|Reduced Lunch PreK-12||$0.40|
|Free Breakfast PreK-12||No charge|
|Free Lunch PreK-12||No charge|
7. If my family chooses Option 1, the Hybrid Learning Plan, where will my child be eating breakfast?
We will be offering Grab and Go breakfast meals for all students. Your child will pick up their breakfast in the cafeteria and eat in their classroom. All food will be individually wrapped or packaged.
8. If my family chooses Option 1, the Hybrid Learning Plan, where will my child be eating lunch?
We will be offering both Grab and Go and Dine-In lunch meal options. All food will be individually wrapped or packaged. Cafeteria seating will be at least 6 feet apart when feasible.
9. Are à la carte items still available for purchase?
Yes, students may still purchase minimal à la carte items including juice boxes, bottled water, and Smart Snacks. The meal account must have a positive balance prior to the purchase and charging of à la carte items is not allowed.
10. How are you offering meals in the cafeteria serving lines?
Students will continue to use the serving line to select their meals. We will plate ALL student-selected items. Students will not be allowed to self-serve any items including food, milk, condiments, and utensils.
11. What will be offered for breakfast and lunch?
We will continue to offer students a USDA approved meal. Please visit http://fluco.org/food-services-home/ to view the monthly menus.
12. How will you account for my child’s meals? Will they still have to touch the pin pad when purchasing meals?
No. For in-person meals, each child will provide the cashier with their first and last name when exiting the serving line. For pick up meals, each parent/child will provide the attendant with the first and last name of each child that is receiving a meal bag. ALL meals will be charged according to the 2020-2021 approved meal prices. Only children enrolled in FCPS may receive meals.
13. How do I pay for my student’s meals?
Cashless payment is strongly encouraged. You may make payments to your child’s meal account at https://www.myschoolbucks.com/. MySchoolBucks is a website for parents to pay for their child’s school meals using a credit or debit card. MySchoolBucks collects a fee of $2.49 per transaction.
We also offer other ways to pay for your child’s meals:
- Mail payment to FCPS Food Services 14455 James Madison Highway Palmyra, VA 22963. Please include your child’s name and ID number on the check.
- In-person payments will only be accepted in a sealed envelope with the student’s full name written on the envelope and may be made in the cafeteria by your student or dropped off in the office of any of the Fluvanna County Public Schools. There will be no cash transactions during the meal periods; therefore all cash received by the cashier will be placed on the student’s account.