FCPS Meals/Food Services Questions
1. If my family chooses the Hybrid Learning Plan, will breakfast and lunch be available for students on in-person days?
Yes. We will be offering Grab and Go meals for breakfast and both Grab and Go and Dine-In options for lunch.
2. If my family chooses the Hybrid Learning Plan, will breakfast and lunch be available on days students are at-home learning?
Meal pick up will be available on Wednesdays at Fluvanna High School from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. Requested delivery service will be made on Wednesdays from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. 5 breakfast meals and 5 lunch meals will be available each week for pick up or delivery. A Hybrid learner will receive an additional 2 breakfast meals and 2 lunch meals during in-person learning.
3. If my family chooses the Virtual Learning Plan, will breakfast and lunch be available for pick up during virtual learning?
Meal pick up will be available on Wednesdays at Fluvanna High School from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. One breakfast meal and one lunch meal will be available for pick up for each day that your child has virtual learning. If delivery service is requested your child will receive 5 breakfast meals and 5 lunch meals. A virtual learner will receive an additional 2 breakfast meals and 2 lunch meals only during Wednesday pick up.
4. Do I need to bring my child with me to pick up the meals?
Your child does not need to be present to receive the meals. You will provide your child’s name and grade when you pick up the meals.
5. Is student meal delivery available?
Yes. Your child(ren) are eligible to receive home-delivered meals. Your child(ren) does not have to be present at the time of delivery but there must be someone available to accept the delivery. Meals cannot be left outside if no one is home. A completed Consent for Home Meal Delivery form must be received by Food Services on the Friday prior to the delivery of meals. Meals will be delivered on Wednesdays. Visit http://fluco.org/food-services-home/ or contact Food Services at (434) 589-4344 for more information.
6. What is the cost of school meals this year?
All meals served; Grab & Go in the cafeteria, Dine-In cafeteria or bagged meals for pick up or delivery are FREE to ALL children 18 and under, through June 30, 2021. On October 9, 2020, U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue announced the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) will extend several flexibilities through June 30, 2021. The flexibilities allow FCPS to serve free meals to all children through June 30, 2021. This unprecedented move will help ensure – no matter what the situation is on-the-ground – children have access to nutritious food as the country recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic. Meals are available to all children including those learning in-person or virtually and regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.
7. If my family chooses the Hybrid Learning Plan, where will my child be eating breakfast?
We will be offering Grab and Go breakfast meals for all students. Your child will pick up their breakfast in the cafeteria and eat in their classroom. All food will be individually wrapped or packaged.
8. If my family chooses the Hybrid Learning Plan, where will my child be eating lunch?
We will be offering both Grab and Go and Dine-In lunch meal options. All food will be individually wrapped or packaged. Cafeteria seating will be at least 6 feet apart when feasible.
9. Are à la carte items still available for purchase?
No. Currently we are operating the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and items for sale are not allowed.
10. How are you offering meals in the cafeteria serving lines?
Students will continue to use the serving line to select their meals. We will pre-package ALL student-selected items. Students will not be allowed to self-serve any items including food, milk, condiments, and utensils.
11. What will be offered for breakfast and lunch?
We will continue to offer students a USDA approved meal adhering to the SFSP meal pattern. Please visit http://fluco.org/food-services-home/ to view the menu.
12. How will you account for my child’s meals? Will they still have to touch the pin pad when purchasing meals?
No. All meals are free for all students through June 30, 2021. For in-person meals, the cashier will account for each meal served. Pin numbers and names are not required for in-person meals. For pick up meals, each parent/child will provide the attendant with the first and last name of each child that is receiving meals. For delivered meals, student names are requested via the consent for meal delivery form.
13. How do I pay for my student’s meals?
All meals are free for all students through June 30, 2021.