Special Education Advisory Committee
Department of Special Education Links
- Special Education Home
- Special Education Timelines
- Special Education Staff Directory
- Response to Intervention (RTI)
- Disability Information
- Child Find
- Resources for the Blind and Vision Impaired
- VDOE Services for Students Identified as Hearing or Visually Impaired
- Special Education Advisory Committee
- SPED Document Library
What does the Special Education Advisory Committee do?
- Give advice about unmet needs in special education
- Help develop plans for improving performance of students with disabilities
- Take part in developing ways to meet needs of students with disabilities
- Access and review needs/plans for special education, submit reports and recommendations to the Superintendent and School Board
- Assist the school system in interpreting plans to the community for meeting the special needs of children with disabilities for educational services.The SEAC meets during the school year to discuss current “hot topics” of Fluvanna County Special Education services.
- September 17
- October 15
- November 19
- February 18
- March 17
- April 14
Meetings will be held from 6:30 – 8:00p.m. at the School Board Office
14455 James Madison Highway, Palmyra Va
All meetings are open to the public. Parents and community members are invited to join the committee, which focuses on assisting the division in meeting the needs of children with disabilities.
Who serves on the SEAC?
- Parents/guardians/family members of students with disabilities
- People with disabilities
- Related community service providers
- Other interested community members?
- Jennifer Valentine
- Clint Estes
- Perrie Johnson
- Beverly Kerr
- Theresa Simmons
- Heidi Hull
- Emily LeSueur
- Janice LeSueur
- Thomas Guardi
- Jennifer Jenkins
- Karen Holtz
New Special Education Website for Parents
The Fluvanna County Public Schools in collaboration with the Virginia Department of Education and the Helen A. Kellar Institute for Human Disabilities at George Mason University, is pleased to announce the launch of a new Web site dedicated to providing comprehensive information on special education issues, practices and services to families who have children with disabilities in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The new Web site is Virginia Family Special Education Connection. If you would like to serve on this committee, please contact Jennifer Valentine, Director of Special Education @ email@example.com or (434) 589-8208.