Fluvanna County Public Schools Department of Special Education
Department of Special Education Links
- Special Education Home
- Special Education Timelines
- Special Education Staff Directory
- Response to Intervention (RTI)
- Disability Information
- Child Find
- Resources for the Blind and Vision Impaired
- VDOE Services for Students Identified as Hearing or Visually Impaired
- Special Education Advisory Committee
- SPED Document Library
- Retail Savings Guide for People with Disabilities
- 2018-19 Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) Meeting Flyer
Jennifer Neale Valentine
Director of Special Education
Fluvanna County Public Schools offers a continuum of special education programs and services to meet the needs of students with disabilities ages 2 through 21 inclusive. We adhere to the principles and requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Improvement Act (IDEIA) and the Regulations Governing Special Education Programs for Children with Disabilities in Virginia.
It is the mission of Fluvanna Public Schools to work in partnership with students, families, and community to insure each student acquires the knowledge, skills, and core values to achieve personal success and enrich the community.
The Fluvanna County Schools’ Office of Special Education is committed to the personal and intellectual success of each and every student. We recognize the uniqueness and individuality of each child and share a vision of preparing students to live productive and fulfilled lives in a diverse and competitive world.
We welcome your concerns and embrace the opportunity to work for the success of all students.