Fluvanna County Public Schools is continuing to partner with Virtual Virginia to provide a virtual learning option for the second semester for the 2021-2022 school year. Virtual Virginia is a program of the Virginia Department of Education and serves students in grades K-12 throughout the state of Virginia who wish to participate in a full-time virtual program.
- Virtual Virginia Webpage
- Virtual Virginia K-5 Information
- Virtual Virginia 6-12 Information
- Virtual Virginia – Successful Online Student Flyer
Students who are accepted into this program will remain enrolled in Fluvanna County Public Schools and can participate in all school sponsored sports, clubs, and activities. Teachers in the program are employed by Virtual Virginia and are not connected to a student’s home school. Students in the program learn alongside peers from other school divisions throughout the state using Virtual Virginia’s Canvas learning management system. Sample student schedules can be found on the Virtual Virginia website.
Students must be able to participate in daily synchronous instruction with their camera turned on, as well as have the ability to work independently to complete asynchronous assignments. Applications will be evaluated using the criteria listed below:
- Student meets academic course requirements by earning passing grades in all core courses (English, math, science, social studies), and demonstrated success with virtual learning in the 2020-2021 school year.
- Student exhibits adequate attendance by having 10 or fewer daily absences (excused or unexcused) in the 2020-2021 school year, and continues to exhibit adequate daily attendance.
- Student is eligible for Virtual Virginia’s course offerings as determined by the student’s course of study.
- It is important to note that students and families interested in virtual learning for the second semester should plan for a commitment for the remainder of 2021-2022 academic year.
Students with exceptional learning needs who are approved to participate in the full-time Virtual Virginia program will receive services through Fluvanna County Public Schools using the Google Meet/Google Classroom learning management system. Students with IEP’s and Section 504 Plans may be required to attend additional synchronous online instruction to receive related services and support from an appropriately licensed Fluvanna County Public Schools teacher.
If you would like your student to be considered for the Virtual Virginia program for the second semester of the 2021-2022 school year, please complete this application by October 15, 2021. Current Virtual Virginia students do not need to reapply.